Monday, May 5, 2014

The Journey Back...

Yes indeed, I'm coming back. I'm not sure what the future holds for Glanville Mediation Services, but the idea of helping individuals and families in trouble is still with me. I've just completed the third of the four Counseling courses, this one Professional Ethics, which I need to get my certificate, and this week I begin the last, Group and Family Counseling. Meanwhile, I'd like to reveal my Professional Ethics statement, our last assignment.

Personal Philosophy of Ethics and Professionalism


1.         I will endeavour to always serve my clients to the best of my abilities.

2.         I will treat all clients in a spirit of equality, fairness and professionalism.

3.         I will not allow any personal biases or value judgments, religious, political, philosophical, or otherwise, to interfere with serving my clients’ needs.

4.         While in the working environment, I will at act in a professional manner, and adhere to company policies and codes of conduct for the safety and well being of my clients and coworkers.

5.         If I have a problem with any company policies, or personnel, I will take this up through the appropriate channels. If my complaints are of a minor or personal nature, I will try to resolve them directly with the persons involved.

6.         I will try to stay informed and current with any new developments or procedures in my field of practice, knowing that learning is a life long process.

7.         I will become a member in good standing of professional associations related to my field of practice.

8.         I will continue to evaluate and reevaluate where my personal and professional boundaries lie, and do my best not to cross them.

9.         I will be watchful of any potential conflicts of interest that might arise in my professional life, and take appropriate action to avoid or diminish them.

10.      I will try to be open, friendly, accepting, forgiving, tolerant, respectful, kind and caring to all those I work with and for, and if/when this proves to be difficult, take the necessary time out to recuperate.

11.      I will above all, always strive to be a reflective practitioner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad that the standard is set so high for mediators. It is a job that is taken very seriously and deserves higher standards. For this reason, you have such a long list of responsibilities and duties. http://www.adrmediator.com